Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

camera driver

• Please log in to reply

saicirtsf

saicirtsf

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am new to computers. and as a late learner I have a long way to go to be classed as a geek, so I am not sure if my question is appropiate for this post.

I have installed camera software and as far as I can tell, I have put it in the wrong file. It seemed logical to remove it and reinstall, but in spite of many attempts, that is not happening.

Hope someone can help, I am anxious to learn as much as I can.........thanks

Advertisements

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Hi there!!

Welcome aboard on behalf of all ppl at Geekstogo forum!!

When you say you have uninstalled camera software, what exactly have yu installed?? Is this a digital Cam or a web cam???

In Either case do not worry - jsut click on the Start Button and then click on the Control Panel button (I assume yu are using XP). Then go to Add/Remove Programs and click on it. Then see if your device name is there, and click remove.

Well, hope that helps. Another thing would be that if you are using windows XP and this is a digital camera - then you don't have to install any software!! Just plug it in thru the USB port and turn it own, and you should be all set!

If you do need any more help do post here , and we'll see what we can do

Cheers
:tazz:

saicirtsf

saicirtsf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for your reply Sunny441, unfortunately your advice has not worked, maybe it is my computer.....when I click Add/remove I get
"Installer has detected a version of Photo Explorer already installed in your system. Please uninstall that version first and try again" It is installed but incorrectly and now I can't budge it.

I know it is wrong because when I try to use Photo Explorer I get "Unable to find disk'A'" and I can't to any further.

Can somebody please help!!

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

when I click Add/remove I get "Installer has detected a version of Photo Explorer already installed in your system. Please uninstall that version first and try again"

so, completelyuninstall that software first. By doing so from the add remove programs in control panel. click on the uninstall option. If this doesnot work - go ahead and manually delete the files, and then do a Regisrty clean up using Reg Cleaner 4.3 by Jouni Vuorio. this will remove all info about the software having been previously installed on your system.

since yu mentioned photo explorer in your previous thread i guess that it is a digi cam. So for the next time donot install any software. Just try plugging in the cam via USB and if you are using XP , it should recognize the camera automatically and let yu get the pictures from there.

Also i am still thinking about the "unable to find disk A" thing. i will post back here once i find out more about that

Cheers