Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP 64 bit Freezes.

• Please log in to reply

Cheat_DEcoder

Cheat_DEcoder

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hello Geekstogo.

I just got an Acer Aspire 4530 laptop (20 days ago) And got Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit just to see how buggy it was and where all the negativity was coming from. After maybe 10 days I realised that it doesn't go as fast on vista as Windows XP 64. There was also an occasion that the laptop's keyboard and touchpad would occasionally turn off, USB mouse works just fine, but have to RESTART. So I got Windows XP 64 bit installed (I didn't get offical Acer drivers, but drivers for the pieces of hardware on my machine individually.)

5 days later after installing Windows XP:

If I leave it on the desktop for 15-20 minutes the whole computer locks up.

I have:
AMD athlon x2 64 bit at 1.9 Ghz
Nvidia Geforce 9100M G

Help?

EDIT: It just froze when I was playing Half-life 2.

EDIT2: The wifi turned off, the internet explorer rectangle in the taskbar changed to a different font, and the computer froze.

Edited by Cheat_DEcoder, 17 December 2008 - 01:18 PM.

Advertisements