Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost and buying kerosene :)

• Please log in to reply

ghostsama

ghostsama

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer me. This is my first full build but Ive always done my own part swaps etc.
Heres the build...
Antec 1200 atx case
EVGA 780i sli mobo
EVGA NVIDIA 9800 gx v-card
Intel Core 2 Extreme cpu
Sound Blaster Titanium sound card
Corsair 1000 watt power source
Zalman 120mm heat sink
8 gig Corsair Dominator ddr2
(would be) Windows Vista Ultimate 64
And peripherals I shouldnt have spent so much on lol...

Ive wired this thing like a trailer queen and I thought everything was perfect. Naturally when I click the power button everything lights up and the fans come on but nothing comes on my monitor. Heres what troubleshooting Ive done..

Swapped the two dvi cables, also used an rgb cable with a dvi connector to make sure it wasnt the monitor wires.
Pulled one stick of ram at a time to make sure it was not the ram.
I have already tested my monitor on another pc so I know it isnt that.
I pulled the video card and tried it in all sli slots to make sure it wasnt something with a bad mobo slot.
I check the connections for the cpu and video card from power source but everything checks.

I havent messed with mobo jumpers yet because Ive read it was ok to wait until BIOS setup to do that and I havent tried another video card yet.

Anyone got any ideas that might help? Thx.

Edited by ghostsama, 15 December 2008 - 08:17 PM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Would you have another LGA775 board to test your parts on?
Try posting with one of your 2GB sticks. The Dominator series memory requires 2.1 to run at their rated timings.
Additionally, there is currently a bug that will not allow you to install windows 64bit with more then 4GB of memory, so beware of this when installing your OS.
James