Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Basic question re OE6

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
The numbers that appear next to Sent and Delete in my opening screen represent <unread> messages, right? How do I get the <total> numbers, read and unread? Thanks.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,955 posts
  • MVP
I don't know about OE, but in regular Outlook the total appears on the taskbar on the left, below the folders. If I have the Sent folder highlighted, the total number of sent messages is there, and the same for when I highlight the deleted items folder.

Throoper

Throoper

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
It's the same in OE. On the left side of Status bar. the total messages is shown followed by the number of unread.

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Sari, Throoper: Thanks for your help.

Using OE6 on my XP pc I find that if i click Local Folders on the opening screen I DO get a listing of Unread and Total Messages in each Folder. But I sure do not get any numbers of messages on the left side of my toolbars.

I am posting a related question (as a NewPost)

Throoper

Throoper

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
You probably have your Status bar hidden. If you want it to show, View>Layout>check items you want to show>OK.