Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yet another Aurora victim

• Please log in to reply

zenoids

zenoids

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm the IT guy at my house, which is truly pathetic. No computer geek teens or genx/y'ers around. I hope you can help an old guy with a problem. (I learned Fortran IV once, but that was back when I could remember things.)

Anyway, popups keep coming back even after Adaware scans. Spybot hangs after a little while, so I'm guessing it's been disabled. (I've tried uninstalling and redownloading a few times, and problem recurs.) CWShredder didn't find anything (My Adaware scan found and removed CW just prior to my running CW Shredder).

I kept seeing "Aurora" among the many popups, so I googled "Aurora spyware" and found your site. I did the "do this first stuff" and still no better. I'm attaching my HijackThis log.

Any help would be much appreciated.

PS--I've got Windows XP SP2

thanks, MikeZ

Attached Files

Advertisements