Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Liquid cooling experts

• Please log in to reply

Mclass

Mclass

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I would like to setup a water cooling system in my pc. i have found this kit, however i would like to cool both my cpu and gpu with one cooling kit with some extra tubing and a gpu water block could i loop a gpu onto it?

http://uk.thermaltak...x... 735&ovid=n

Im new to liquid cooling so any help would be great.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Hello Mclass,
I'm going to be very clear about this, DO NOT purchase any Thermaltake water cooling parts, especially if you plan on expanding outside of the systems original intentions (e.g. cooling a GPU on a system designed to cool a CPU). The only way to go about watercooling is to get a swiftec kit or to build a custom build of your own. What are the exact model numbers of the parts you wish to cool, how much money do you wish to spend and do you know of any e-tailers in your country that offer water cooling parts?
James

Edited by james_8970, 16 December 2008 - 11:06 AM.

Mclass

Mclass

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Whats wrong with Thermaltake? i've just got a p4 cpu and gforce gpu but i suppose i dont really need to cool the gpu but i was just checking if it was possible with that unit. im not planning on overclocking them but i would like to try water cooling as its meant to be quieter. My budget is about £50 to £100 dependant of the unit but i dont want something thats huge because my case isnt the biggest.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
If you are looking for something that is quiter, just get a aftermarket heatsink. The fan on that setup is rated to go up to 30dba, you can find much better on high end air cooling, which will ultimatly be far cheaper. Based on your needs, I recommend you stick with air cooling.

I have a few problems with Thermaltake's equipment.
1. It's not as reliable as competitors.
2. Aluminum and cooper are in the same loop. this'll cause a chemical reaction and wreck havok on your system if not properly maintained.
3. That setup uses 3/8" tubing
4. Pump is under powered
5. The radiator will not be capable of dissipating enough heat for both your CPU and GPU.

James