Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP!

• Please log in to reply

badphish

badphish

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey everyone, I have a problem.
everytime i open a file in realplayer, it creates an empty folder in whatever the folder im browsing is called 'blank'.
Can anyone offer any solutions?
thanks
JIM

Advertisements

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
is there anything in the file?

badphish

badphish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
anything in the folder? No.
Say i open a .rm file in folder 'A', as soon as the video starts playing, another folder called 'blank' appears in folder 'A' Its very frustrating, i dont know how to solve this.

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
uninstall realplayer and reinstall it.

CHEVELLEXP

CHEVELLEXP

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
i would say you just ditch realplayer and go with Winamp

badphish

badphish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
can winamp play realmedia files?

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
i don't think there are 'real player files' per se...usually is real player can play it windows media player can...if that's the case then i'm sure winamp can play any files playable by real player as well. and i agree with the other guy, real player does kinda suck...

Edited by nestorey, 05 May 2005 - 03:13 PM.

badphish

badphish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
what? yes there are real player files. .rm and .ram are very common extensions and realplayers the only player i know of that plays them.

starwife

starwife

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am having trouble downloading Real Player. We can get to the download page, sometimes with difficulty. When we go to click to download it, it will click and nothing happens. I added the Real Player site (or at least I thought I did) to our computer's Trusted Sites to overcome the security problem, but still cannot get it downloaded? :tazz: This is my very first posting at this site. starwife <[email protected]>

Jolen98

Jolen98

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
i would say just get windows media player

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

I am having trouble downloading Real Player.  We can get to the download page, sometimes with difficulty.  When we go to click to download it, it will click and nothing happens.  I added the Real Player site (or at least I thought I did) to our computer's Trusted Sites to overcome the security problem, but still cannot get it downloaded?  :tazz: This is my very first posting at this site. starwife <[email protected]>

View Post

plz post your question in a forum not this persons topic plz ;) do this by going to the correct forum and clicking new topic thanks

Edited by bobthemailman, 08 June 2005 - 12:40 PM.