Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Window Live scam email

• Please log in to reply

anngage

anngage

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Is anyone aware of a scam email being sent by "window live team" requesting information (including password) to be verified, they state that they are cleaning up inactive accounts. I was idiotic enough to fall for this and provided my email password. I went back to review the email sent to me and it has disappeared entirely. It was then brought to my attention that something went in to my account and sent a message to my entire address book with my name attached to it, this message was a scam requesting money to be sent to ME............how does this happen? I am just a regular person using the net for normal stuff, i am not that savvy....please...if anyone can help me, i would appreciate it enormously. I am a little freaked out at the moment

Advertisements

Draygoes

Draygoes

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Getting hit by a scam can be kindof scarry, but it is nothing to be ashamed of. You are not the first, and you will not be the last.

My advice to you:
Change your password, and send an email to everyone on your contact list to disreguard the other emails, and explain what happened.