Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I think I have messed up

• Please log in to reply

firemedic1620

firemedic1620

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop that has been having some problams. My AC adaptor connector was messed up so I bought a new one. I took everything out including the motherboard so that I could get this replaced. I also fixed some cometic things like the plastic around the LCD and replaced the lid. Now, I put everything back together carefully going through every step to make sure I have everything plugged in snug and every screw tight. Now my computer will turn on with the fan going and that is it. I don't hear the HD try booting and the monitor remains dark. The power light will stay on and that is it. Is there something that I am supposed to do after I had everything out and unplugged to get it to boot up. I am running Vista.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

vaan

vaan

• Pip
  • 7 posts
ok try this:

1: unplug ur DH , ram , and any thing else connected to your mother board except the fan
2: remove ur bios battery, do this while the power is off, then try turn it on, it wount come on, it sould make a monotone sound, this is telling you dat your bios bat ent there.
3: turn you comp off and put in your bios bat, and try again, it should make the same sound, this is telling you that your ram ent there, but the screen wount come on yet.
3: now put in your ram and turn it on, now your screen should come on and your bios will start up, 1s youv done that u can the put in the other stuff, lyk HD

the problem it that your bios ent used to the new power supply, did the same thing with ma desktop.

firemedic1620

firemedic1620

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Ok, I tried what you said and still no go. One thing I have noticed is a rectangular magnet that came off the LCD. I don't know were that goes. I do hear the HD start but it don't go full fledged. I have power to the fan, cd rom, and HD. Still no Monitor ao boot up though.

vaan

vaan

• Pip
  • 7 posts
ok dude, rectangular magnet, am not sure, i dont wana advice you u something am not sure about.