Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad fan on video card

• Please log in to reply

jsaklas

jsaklas

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
My computer has Siluro GF4 T14200 OTES video card. I play no games so I am happy with this cards performance.

However, the fan has started to make a whirring/whistling noise.

I have 3 questions.

1. Can only the fan of the Thermal Exhaust System be replaced?
2 If not, is this card still available?
3. If neither #1 nor #2 are affirmative, then what card can I install to replace the one I have. My main criteria are that it installs easily, software, drivers, etc., are easily loaded and compatible with XP Home, and lastly cheap but reliable. Since I don't play any games, I don't need any more capability than what I now have.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Realistically the card's ancient (about six years old) therefore if the rest of the system's about the same age, then current graphics cards will probably be too modern for it. Unfortunately everything's faster now than that card.