Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Update for Office XP

• Please log in to reply

oshoshitzu

oshoshitzu

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have Office XP and have already installed Office XP SP3 and KB887978 (mini service pack).

I want to download KB873333; but it's not clear from the update website KB873333 which is the appropriate version of KB873333 for a PC which has Office XP SP3 and KB887978 (mini service pack) already installed.

THANKS (XP Pro SP3)

Advertisements

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts
Here is a suggestion:
Open Internet Explorer and go to this site:

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

You will be able to manually check for updates that are needed.

oshoshitzu

oshoshitzu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Here is a suggestion:
Open Internet Explorer and go to this site:

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

You will be able to manually check for updates that are needed.

I've tried your suggestion; but all I get is this message despite following its instructions:

"The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. Take the following steps to try solving the problem:
Refresh the page.
In Internet Explorer, delete your Temporary Internet Files by going to the Tools menu and clicking Internet Options.
Close and then re-open Internet Explorer."