Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Quick Question

• Please log in to reply

killallviruses

killallviruses

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
The reason I ask is that I have been dealing with someone in the malware section and 1 of the scans I did brought up list of 5 anti-virus programs I have on my pc which is causing major slowdown

Thanks

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Take a look at Sari's "List of How-to Guides and Tutorials" for recommendation by this forum.

killallviruses

killallviruses

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
I cant see anything in there about what im looking for

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Think it was a mis-understanding on my part. If you want a list of programs by name, go to Control Panel and select the Add/Remove Programs. There isn't a program I know of that will selectively list all anti-virus programs installed, but that doesn't mean someone hasn't made one. :) The Control Panel Utility will at least give you a list of all programs installed with some info about each. Maybe you can find what you are looking for that way.

killallviruses

killallviruses

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
No you dont understand me

Im dealing with someone in Malware section, he asked me to download hijackthis, RSIT and OTMoveIt3

When I used them to scan my PC, 1 of the logs showed 5 antivirus programs on my pc

Looking back on the log I cant fnd where it shows these 5 antivirus programs

I wanted to know what program it was

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Ask the person you're dealing with in the malware forum to help you - all the HJT experts are over there.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
from your malware topic:

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe <----Windows Defender
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2009\TPSrv.exe <----Panda
C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANDA SECURITY\PANDA INTERNET SECURITY 2009\WebProxy.exe <----More Panda
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe <----AVG
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2009\PsCtrls.exe <----More Panda
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2009\PavFnSvr.exe<----More Panda
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Security\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe<----More Panda
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2009\PsImSvc.exe<----More Panda
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2009\PskSvc.exe<----More Panda
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2009\APVXDWIN.EXE<----More Panda
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Supportsoft\bin\tgsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe<----Windows Defender
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2009\pavsrv51.exe<----More Panda
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2009\AVENGINE.EXE<----More Panda
c:\program files\panda security\panda internet security 2009\firewall\PSHOST.EXE<----More Panda
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2009\SRVLOAD.EXE<----More Panda
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2009\PavBckPT.exe<----More Panda

from your HJT log

i do see where you said the kapersky log mentioned the 5

i suggest you sit patiently and wait for emerald to finish with your log in the malware forum...