Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question About Microsoft Office 2003 Student and Teacher Edition

• Please log in to reply

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Hey Gang...I have a licensing question about Microsoft Office 2003 Student and Teacher Edition, actually a couple of questions.

I am looking to buy this software used from a local guy and he indicates that the software can be installed up to three times without having to purchase any additional licenses. I get confused on the licensing issue because I see two ways of interpreting it.

1) Up to 3 licenses meaning, once you have installed the software three times that's it. You cannot install it a fourth time.

2) Up to 3 licenses meaning, you can install the software on up to 3 PC's, but not a fourth.

I'm not sure which definition to apply here.

Lets say I purchase this software and install it on 3 PC's in my home. One year from now I decide to reformat the HD on my PC, which means I need to reinstall all my software. Will I not be able to install Microsoft Office 2003 because I've already installed it 3 times?

Also, what it the difference between the 'Student and Teacher' version and the regular/full blown retail version? Are they exactly the same, or does the Student and Teacher version limit certain aspects of the product and therefore, my ability to use every aspect fully, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Greg

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Up to three licences is typically three computers that you can install onto those three until the cows come home. Check the end user licence agreement.
Student & Teacher is effectively the same product limited to those in education. Beyond that there's nothing to stop you using it when you stop studying, realistically. I doubt it's crippled.

lurky

lurky

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
That's not entirely accurate. Microsoft Office Student and Teacher edition is Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and One Note. Whereas the other suites (Professional, Small Business, and Ultimate for example) include separate titles like Microsoft Outlook, Publisher, and Infopath.

More information on the suites is available Here.

teaching

teaching

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Teachers are second mothers after your own mother(irrespective of genders).Who spreads the knowledge, to not just one child but to hunderds in their lifetime.i can say about teaching is that "teachers play an important role for support and guidance of students life and their career".Teaching means - Teacher Meaning and Student Learning and Praxis II test giving you the chance to becoming a Teacher by Teaching Certified Courses.

----------------
EFTC test