Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printing Folder names

• Please log in to reply

Pantrwrstl

Pantrwrstl

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Im looking for a way to print out folder names on my computer. prtscr doesnt semm to work, any ideas of what i can do besides copying and pasting each folder name into notepad?

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

After you click on "Print Screen", are you opening up a word processor (Wordpad will do) and then pasting the screen capture there??

That is how you do it.. Just pressing "Print Screen" doesn't send it to the printer!!

Murray

CHEVELLEXP

CHEVELLEXP

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
correct the print screen just copies the image into the "clipboard"

Pantrwrstl

Pantrwrstl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
what do i do if the list is bigger than my screen

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
You will have multiple printed pages.

Have you listed the folders in "List" view? To do this, right click in the folder where you are viewing the others. From the pop-up menu, click "View" and then "List". You will get more of the information you are looking for on your screen at one time while in List View.

Hope this helps.