Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win32/cryptor identified in my pc (xp spac 3)

• Please log in to reply

sefikaozkal

sefikaozkal

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
Two days ago while surfing on the internet, my pc started to warn me about a tread and about my disabled firewall. Then, all the programs stopped and windows xp shut down itself. I started it again and I immediately activated AVG Free 8.0 to check if there was a thread. It found Trojan horse, win32/cryptor and then moved them. However my system was not stable, I had to open it in safe mode. I came across error messages about Google Installer and IExplorer.

I tried to update AVG but I can not. I can not even enter to any of the sites like avg.com, etc. Online virus check is also not possible. I can not open the web-sites like Bit Defender. I copied Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware software renaming it to my pc and tried to run it, it is not installed appropriately.

I also tried sfc/scannow. During this process, I had to insert the installation disks, and system had problem with the 3rd one which included spac 3.

I do not know if I removed the virus or not. If not, could you please help me to remove it? If I removed it, I want to get rid of from its effects. Do you think it is safe to use my pc while connected to internet?

I am attaching one file which is the log of the last scan of AVG 8.0.

Thank you very much,
Sefika

Attached Files

Advertisements