Just yesterday I received my MSI Wind U100420US (this version does not have Bluetooth) netbook with Windows XP SP3...and today I went out and purchased a MS Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 for it. As soon as the receiver went into the USB port, XP announced that it had found the new hardware. But the mouse won't work (yes, I installed the battery)...the cursor won't move and clicks do not register.
According to the info in Control Panel>Mouse (including troubleshooting), XP says the device is there and working properly. Only, it ain't. I tried moving the receiver to the other USB ports and got the same results. The MS site took me through a troubleshooter that said when there's no response like this, I need to do a setpoint and reset to an earlier status of XP. I did that, but I don't see any change.
Why/How could everything look so "positive" and produce no sign of a