Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

360 Apprehension

• Please log in to reply

Kayne Bishop

Kayne Bishop

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I just got a call from my best friend. The guy has been trying to get me to buy an XBox for what seems like forever now. H told me that he fell victim to the three red rings of death and that he;'s going t buy another one

His warranty was up 3 months ago and now I am more scared than ever. I mean I never buy anything in the first year of its product release. Everyone knows that no matter what it is, the first series always has unresolved issues. Especially when it comes to Sony and Microsoft.

Its why i missed out on the Region code free/Backward compatible PS3 Who knows what i missed out on Microsoft's end. Yet i feel validated my friend bought his before the price drop, it was manufactured in January of 08 and he still has those three evil red rings.

He is intent on buying a new one - and while there are Games I want to play on XBox, I am on the fence as to whether i should put down the kind of money necessary to buy it I just don't know what I should do. I have been looking for fixes but I am not that technical..

Does anyone know why Microsoft has yet to address this problem. can anyone tell me if the 360 is worth the headaches?

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Moved to Console Games forum.