Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need some help quick with Office 2007

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
For a while when I opened any part of office 2007 It would show an install box, say it was installing and then open. All of a sudden when I try to open my documents I get a message " Microsoft office word has not been installed for the current user" Now I'm the only user and administrator so that is not the problem. when I went to add and remove to do a repair I get a error message. When I try to use the install disk I get an error. I can't remove it, I can't repair it and formatting my drive is out of the question. Has anyone seen or heard of this problem. Thanks

Advertisements

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Did you try to uninstall Office in Safe Mode?

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Yes I tried all the stops. I booted into safe mode and couldn't do anything there.

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Okay, try this http://www.softpedia...fice-2007.shtml let me know if it works I've never try this program before!

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I'll give a try

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Did You read this site? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 maybe it might help!

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I just removed office 2007 with that program you suggested. It is gone but when I tried to reinstall office it always encounters an error at the beginning of installation.

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I also read the Microsoft page you noted, I could not remove so the items it wanted. Some how office went down without me knowing

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I take that back, ofice 2007 is still in add and remove programs even after removing it with that office rip it out.

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Upon further review! All that was left in add and remove was the heading. I got rid of it.