Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Winzip? How to print open files

• Please log in to reply

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
:D

:D Ok.. before I loose this temporary Winzip, I need to know how to print the files that I get open from this program...

Oh the pressures of making things impossible... "WHYYYYYYYYY ?" :P lol

Wondering why anyone started with this type of thingy "zipping and unzipping" files...

Why not just download the thingy.... Grrrrrrrrrr...

Someone help me in understanding these two issues...

"Needing to really know how to print the files onces opened"

<_<

Thanks,
Staci

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hi Staci,

Zipping files serves two purposes. It makes the file smaller so you can download it faster. Also the smaller size means the site your downloading from doesn't use as much bandwidth. Bandwidth costs money. It also helpful when you want to send many files to someone. Zipping allows them all to be sent as one attachment or download file.

WinZip doesn't actually open the file. It just unzips it so that other programs can access it. Do you know which program is trying to open the file you're trying to print?

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hello Admin,

Well, all was not a waist <_< I learned something... lol

But anywho... I ended up deleting the winzip, and called UPS about the problem.. And they come to find out, all those 669 files that I downloaded, was not suppose to be there on the net for people to download..

lol ... OMG... But he is sending me the right one due to the one on the net was the wrong file...

Thanks...
Staci...

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

And they come to find out, all those 669 files that I downloaded, was not suppose to be there on the net for people to download..

Wow! Big Oops for UPS!

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hello again,

yeah, a BIG OPPS for UPS... But that is what I was informed from the rep. on the phone...

So now they "if I did not say this before" are going to mail me the info that I am needing..

As long as they dont make opps when it comes to customers of mine <_<

Staci