Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iexplore.exe could not be ended, comp. very slow[RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi gab

Boot into safemode and remove Acrobat 7 folder and pdfshell.dl

Kc :tazz:

Advertisements

gab

gab

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi,

I've managed to delete pdfshell.dll (then deleted the whole of the acrobat 7.0) but I had to use EasyClean. It did not allow me delete it even when I was in Safe mode, logged in as the administrator.

As for the problems with my ISP connection window, even if I deleted the old setup and created the new one it still played up, giving me all those errors so i unstalled /installed the networking services. So far it seems to connect OK. But it got slower again and once again it takes a while to boot up completely. ??!??!

I'll try to run winsock again, it might help???!??!?

Once you said that I should disable
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe.

What does it do? Can I really get rid of it and it won't affect me in any way? I'm saying all these because by chance I ran EasyClean (unnecessary files) and this line was amongst those found which could be deleted. So I'm just double checking with you if I can get rid of it.

Gab

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi gab

What does it do? Can I really get rid of it and it won't affect me in any way? I'm saying all these because by chance I ran EasyClean (unnecessary files) and this line was amongst those found which could be deleted. So I'm just double checking with you if I can get rid of it.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe.<--Delete the whole folder.

Kc :tazz:

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.