Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Syncing Gcal With BlackBerry

• Please log in to reply

wm_hunter

wm_hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
I am having a small software issue, and I am wondering if anyone here at G2G have a good idea for a solution. I have a BlackBerry Pearl, and I know that Google Labs has a solution for syncing the BlackBerry's calendar with GCal (link here).

The thing is - I don't have a plan with web. Using the internet to do this on my phone will cost me a fortune. I was hoping there would be a simple alternative, have my GCal:

1) Be transported nicely into a desktop application.

That:

2) Can be transferred using software (more than likely BlackBerry's Desktop Manger, which does appear to have this feature), into the BlackBerry manually, when I plug it into my computer via USB.

I know this may not be the best site to post something like this, but if anyone has information that might help me, and/or an idea on an area I could post in with topics of this nature, please let me know.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Edited by wm_hunter, 19 December 2008 - 02:09 AM.

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit?

I've been using Google Calendar with a Blackberry for almost a year now, but I don't think what you are trying to do will work without a web connection. Everything about Google is web based. Your Blackberry Desktop Manager would sync with MS Outlook, (as do most cell phones). Is your problem because you do not have MS Outlook? I'm confused by what you said as far as using your phone on the internet will cost a fortune(?) Data transmissions are not charged the same as voice calls, (at least where I am), and the Google Synch program is not sending that much data across.