Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Video Card....

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I have a computer i built for my nephew but it has integrated graphics (the HD3200) on an ATI 780G Gigabyte Chipset

CPU is AMD Atholon 64X2 5000 (65W TDP)

1 DVD ROM drive

1 Western Digital Caviar SE16 (250GB) 7200RPM

1 PCI slot Wierless Card

1 PCI slot TV Tunner (ATI PRO Theater 650)

Keyboard and mouse of course (Just clearing that up) :)

and a 420W PSU from PC Power And Cooling with a 27 amp +12volt rail

well i have a few video cards in mind.....

I like the ATI 4850 (Gigabyte) as well as the ATI 4830 (ASUS), and the AIT 4670 (Gigabyte)

Im worried because they say you need a 450W PSU for the 48x0 series but we all know that in some cases you can squeek by if your power requierments are not that high and a high end PSU

Im kind of wondering what your input is?

he dosn't need real high performance right away but i want it to last as long as posible....and i don't want to go over $180USD

Well Thanks for your time in reading hope to hear from yall soon! (thanks in advance)