Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Computer wont load to windows!

• Please log in to reply

RBP604

RBP604

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone, im new here and found this site while i was looking for some answers. Hopefully someone here can help me out.
My computer was fine until yesterday. Its a gaming computer thats not even a year old, yesterday after i woke up i turned it on and it didnt get to log onto windows and it turned off itself. So i unplugged everything, opened it up vacuumed it all and replugged everything and started it up. Well now it stopped turning off, but it wont load to windows. it goes pass the first black screen with white lettering, then it gets to the screen that says "Boot from CD"
then couple seconds later it would say "Client Mac Address xx xxx xx x" i have never had this problem before.

This is what it says:

Client Mac Addr: x xx x xx xxx xx x GUID: xxx xx xxxxx xxxxxxxxx
PXE-E53: No boot filename recieved
PXE-M0F: Exiting Nvidia boot agent

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

So any genius's out there that can help me? Please and Thank You!

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
First of all, vacuuming computer inside is a VERY BAD idea. It creates a lot of static electricity, which may damage internal components. Always use a can of compressed air.

As for your error...
Go to BIOS. Make sure, that the boot order reads: floppy, CD, HD
Disable Boot from Network (wording is different on every machine, may say Integrated NIC, Network, PXE-xxxxxxx)
Save changes, and exit.
Restart computer.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
The computer MAY be trying to boot from a network if the hard drive is dead.
This is especialy true of E machines.
If you have the BIOS set to boot from the hard drive first and still get this error, or it just will not load Windows I would suspect a bad hard drive.

RBP604

RBP604

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks HFCG, it was actually the hard drive =(. I have so much important [bleep] in there. Now i have to make a post on how to recover them all.