Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD/DVD won't autostart or burn CDs

• Please log in to reply

defconv2000

defconv2000

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I can no longer burn CDs or DVDs on my computer. It just started out of the blue. This happened once before and Geeks To Go turned me on to CDGone and it was fixed. But my CD/DVD drive is recognized this time, but just won't burn. It also only sometimes autostarts once a CD or DVD is put in. Please help!!!!

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well it could be that the burning laser is dead.... since it only some times autostarts it sounds like it is either an older drive that may be wearing out or getting dirty....

when you try to burn what happens? does it do anything? does it try to burn or does it tell you that you don't have a burner?

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You may have two separate issues.
1. DVD burners has two lasers, one for reading, one for burning. Your burning laser may be simply dirty, or dead.
2. Autorun issue:
Download, and run fix.bat: Click here
Restart computer.