Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No Audio Device

• Please log in to reply

kathyg2709

kathyg2709

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi! I hope someone can help me with this problem. I have a Dell desktop about 4 years old. I cannot get any sound through my speakers. I have checked and recheked the connection. When I go to control panel, Sounds Speech and Audio Devices, Sound and Audio Devices, I see No Audio Devices. It's as though the computer is not recognizing that the speakers are there. I tried to troubleshoot and followed as much as I could understand, but it didn't address this problem. I even bought new speakers, thinking that maybe the old ones were just shot. To my knowledge, no one has made any changes as I am the only adult who uses the computer and my daughter knows better than to change anything. If any windows pop up she will always ask me what to do (she's a beginning reader in 1st grade). But she and her friends do play games on this computer, so you never know.

Any advice on how to get my speakers working will be greatly appreciated!!! As you can probably tell, I'm not very computer savvy, but I can follow directions pretty well. Thank You!!!!

Just tried the download recommended by Samm to clr77 on 4/2/08 (below). Still "No Audio Device"

Edited by kathyg2709, 21 December 2008 - 11:34 AM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

Just tried the download recommended by Samm

What was that download for?

kathyg2709

kathyg2709

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Bront!
Thanks for responding. When I go to my question, related topics are listed below. I don't know if you get the same. Samm was trying to help someone with the same question, but a different computer. The download was for an Audio (sigmatel) driver. http//downloadcenter.intel.com/filter-res...ubmit=Go%21#DOC. She said to use the download for 2008. I thought I might as well give it a try, but had no luck. I also went to Dell Support to try to find an audio driver but there were too many downloads and I didn't know what they were for.
Thanks again!!

kathyg2709

kathyg2709

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I was deleting some old games from my computer and inadvertantly fixed the problem.Thanks to all who come here to help others with their computer problems. Happy Holidays to all.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Wow! That's a nice self-help :)
Merry Christmas...