Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

various problems with xp

• Please log in to reply

newbomb

newbomb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I will check it out and let you know. Thanks!

Advertisements

newbomb

newbomb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
OK that definately did somthing? It started out after i did the winsock reset and rebooted very slowely. I typed in yahoo.com and it started loading the page and without an error message. It stopped loading and I noticed while I was doing this my laptop lost and reconnnected several times.

I am now getting a message of local area connection has limited or no connectivity. I disabled and enable to see if I could reset it and it shows connected and firewalled on my network connections. Norton needed to do a back up and update so Im letting that run to see what happens now. I am getting local area connection cable unplugged now and my laptop is going in and out of connection again also. I unplugged and reset the box and it didnt help. I didnt get anytype of message when i did the cmd prompt earlier so I tried it again and this time I got the message to restart for the reset to take place. I did the restart and after another very long wait it seems to be loading my home page. It is loading msn.com but it has taken at least 5 minutes and still not complete? The error message popped up1 or 2 times about the network cable while this was loading.

I will give it awhile and reply back to let you know whats going on. Thanks again for your help.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I wish I could have helped you more effectively, but I don't own the 2701 device. The manual on it has so much set up instructions its seems confusing. But I think it must just be the way it's set up that's giving you all this headache. I'm sure you'll get it working the way you want it to! :)

Edited by makai, 26 December 2008 - 12:12 PM.

newbomb

newbomb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Well it never completely loaded when I tried to get on the net. It would load about half way and then give me the network cable unplugged message. Any body else have any ideas?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Your right, the manual is quite complicated.

THIS link has your manual, install guide, and a activation key.

newbomb

newbomb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ill do some reading, thanks guys.

newbomb

newbomb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have been looking through the manual but in my limited computer knowledge it appears to me that I need to be online to access these controls. Is this what you all think also? And since accessing the net is my problem in the first place im kinda screwed? Any ideas?

newbomb

newbomb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have been doing some digging around and trying different things. I did the ipconfig/all and got a media disconnected message. The 2wire site said I may have a corrupt tcp/ip and I have been searching this on the web. Any help?

newbomb

newbomb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Can somone tell me why the following is giving me an error message when I try to put it into my registry?It says file not a registry script and you can only import binary registry files. Thanks.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IPSec]
"AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule"=dword:00000002