Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

fans

• Please log in to reply

rommy320

rommy320

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I've noticed when downloading something, or even going ot IE, my fan seems to go faster, but then slows down again. What could be making this happen. I have windows xp service pack 2. Thank you

Advertisements

rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Your computer processor is heating up, causing the fan to run faster. If its been over 6months since you cleaned out the computer with air and or a vacuum cleaner, this might mean its time.
Computers will fill with more dust that you can believe..
I don't know squat about laptops, but desktops usually are easy to take a side panel off and then use canned air to clean things out.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Do not us a vacuum cleaner to clean out a computer.
1. You could knock components off/ loose while using the vacuum nozzle in the computer.
2. A vacuum/ motor to close to a computer could cause destruction to the sensitive components. A vacuum has a motor which causes magnetism which will wipe out the components.

The best (and recommended) way is compressed air. Clean all fans and the blades on the fans.
Do this with power off.

rommy320

rommy320

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you both for the suggestions, I will see if cleaning it will make the difference!

Thanks again