Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer restarts at windows loading screen

• Please log in to reply

javacritt1

javacritt1

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
alright so, my computer keeps restarting at the loading screen. I cant even get to windows. I tried to do safe mode and it still restarts. then i selected this option where the computer will stay running on system failure and i got a blue screen..it was something along the lines of 0X0000024 something like that and it says something about NFTS

any help would be appreciated

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
"something" won't help us to help you.
You need to post EXACT error message.

i selected this option where the computer will stay running on system failure

How did you do it, if you can't boot into Normal, or Safe Mode?

lurky

lurky

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Java, lets go ahead and test your memory and hard drive. The problem you're having is can be one of a few things; including bad memory, hard drive, or a software related issue.

Go Here and download Hitachi's Disk Fitness Test and burn the image to disk. Boot off the disk and run an advanced test. If it finishes 0x00 the hard drive is most likely fine.

Also you can get Memtest Here Same story here. Burn it to disk and boot off of it. If anything at all shows up in the bottom portion of the test screen, your memory is bad.

If you need help burning the images to disk, just ask here :]

Also, the automatic restart on system failure feature is an option within most modern BIOS.

Edited by lurky, 21 December 2008 - 07:37 PM.

javacritt1

javacritt1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
for the hitachi drive fitness..it completed and i got disposition code = 0x70

for the memtest. there were 0 errors

Edited by javacritt1, 21 December 2008 - 11:43 PM.

javacritt1

javacritt1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
is my harddrive completely broken? will i have to buy a new one?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
It's not broken yet, but it doesn't look good.
According to this: http://club.cdfreaks...or-codes-89525/

The following table defines all the currently supported DFT error codes. For example if during testing of your hard drive DFT reports a error code of 0x70 as shown on page 14, this indicates that your hard disk drive has problems reading one or more of its sectors. In most of these cases the drive can heal itself of these errors. To do this first back-up all your data from the problem drive ( if possible ) then run DFT again and select either the Erase Disk or Sector Repair option which is under the Utility heading. If you already have a backup of the data on the hard disk or the data isn’t important you can opt to run Erase Disk/Sector Repair from the Test Result screen. Once the selected operation has completed you can then run one of the test options Quick or Advance to confirm that the drive has been healed. The result code, which should be displayed, is 0x00 if the test returns another code then you should check with your drive/system vendor if the drive can be return for warranty replacement.

javacritt1

javacritt1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
so whats teh next step?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
As my quote says, you need to re-run the tool.
If the final code is 0x00, then you should be good to go....for now.
Personally, I don't trust drives, which display any errors.