I have come away from home and have just connected my Western Digital 1TB external MyBook drive to my HP530 laptop via a USB cable but cannot access the drive. I simply receive an error 'Access Denied'.
The drive is not password protected and the approx. 300Gb of data which I put onto the drive via another PC was all working fine on the other PC.
Is there any reason why my HP 530 would not be allowing access to the drive please?
- Win XP SP2
- Device Managed states drive is installed and working correctly
- Computer Management states that there is 693+Gb of free spaceon the drive and that the drive has a healthy, active,NTFS partition.
- Western Digital Drive Manager status reports 0% used.
- I've updated to the latest BIOS version for my laptop
- Unusually, Partision Magic can access the files/folders on the 'problem' drive!
Thanks for any help.
Edited by cyberdyne, 21 December 2008 - 02:40 PM.