Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD BURNER

• Please log in to reply

dragz

dragz

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
i have a problem with my computer, since i installed a cd emulator (to have a virtual drive) my real dvd burner stopped showing up in my computer, any ideas?

thnx :tazz:

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
can you give more info on the following please-

what kind of computer is it (make and model)?
what OS are you using?
what program did you use for the virtual drive?
also want info on what drive letter your DVD was, and what drive letter the virtual drive is.

dragz

dragz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hey audioboy:

win xp, pentium 3 800mhz, paragon virual cd-rom emulator, dvd drive was "E", the virtual drive was "V" before i uninstalled the program

that was what you wer after...or?

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
to make sure I undertand correctly, is the dvd showing up under my computer?
and/or can you see it under device manager- if its there, are there any alert marks by it (red x or yellow exclamation).
you may just need to do an uninstall/reinstall of the drive, as far as windows is concerned.

dragz

dragz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
ok in my computer, i CANNOT see my dvd drive, however in device manager, i can see that my drive IS installed with no alerts....no (x's or exclimation marks)

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
lets go to disk mananger. right click on the my comuter icon, select manage. from there select disk management. on the lower right area, can you see the dvd drive at all? if so, right click on it, select change drive letter and path. change it back to drive E.

if you cant see it in disk mananger, then go back to device manager, select the drive, right click and uninstall. reboot, and windows should find the drive and load it automatically.
let me know how these go.

dragz

dragz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hey audio boy....that helped i got it back on..i assigned a new letter to it now its there thanks ;) :tazz: