Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Vista error when using IE.....out of memory

• Please log in to reply

LaNette

LaNette

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have had my laptop for a year with no issues until yesterday. :)

When I open IE any and all websites I go to I get the following error....

Out of memory at line:

I have recieved several of these with the numbers following the colon ranging from 15, 12, 16 19, 80, 90 2442 and so on.

I recently had a windows update that required window washer to replace another windows program that was conflicting with Vista. Could this be causing the problem? Any ideas what the root of this problem might be if window washer is not and how I may fix it? :)

Advertisements

lurky

lurky

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Here's a Microsoft knowledge base article related to your problem with an appropriate solution.

How many tabs do you have open in IE normally? Also, how many applications do you have running in the background?

LaNette

LaNette

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Normally I only have 1 window open, but on occasion I will open 2 to 3 but not very often. I dont know how many applications are running in the background....but if you tell me how to check I can. Thank you for the link and the help! It is greatly appreciated.

lurky

lurky

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Ok, first lets check and see how much memory you have.

On your keyboard, hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete and go to Task Manager. Click the Performance tab, then on your keyboard again hit Alt + PrtScr(Should be by F12) Click start again, and in the search bar type "mspaint." When paint comes up, right click in the white area and click "Paste." Save the screenshot somewhere you can remember, Then go Here and upload it. It should give you a series of links that you can copy/paste. At the bottom you should see one to show a friend. Paste it here for me :)

LaNette

LaNette

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Here you go...... :) Posted Image
Posted Image