Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running under a budget please help me 400$

• Please log in to reply

thefreed

thefreed

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I've been using my old celeron D for 4 years now and it apparently broke down so I need to buy a new one... but the thing is we aren't that rich so were trying to buy a new gaming pc for around 400 tops.
I am going to buy from www.newegg.com so if you can take advantage of the deals that would be good.
This is my first time bulding my own pc so I also need to buy the tools to build one.
I am going to work soon because I turn 18 next month so I am going to upgrade alot of the parts as soon as I can.
Anyways can you help me? It'll also be good if you can get a good sound card also...

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
What parts do you already own? Also, even if we are able to get a computer built for 400$, it's not going to be a gaming rig by any means. If this computer is soly based for gaming, I strongly urge you to wait for more money, you'll need at least 800$.
James