Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error: 0x80004005, during direct play voice setup

• Please log in to reply

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I test my mic under audio settings and i get this error "An error occurred during direct play voice setup 0x80004005" Then, after i hit ok i get this "Windows cannot execute Dpvsetup.exe use add/remove programs control panel to install" and i dont see any DpvSetup.exe in add/remove programs. I have to get this to work so i can talk to my friends with a mic.

Advertisements

Ntd

Ntd

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
hey try to reinstall your drivers

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hmm... :\

i dont know how...

Ntd

Ntd

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Hey h3adsh0tasc did your microphone come with a cd when you bought it? Also do you play counter-strike? Also can i have the brand name and model of the microphone?

Edited by Ntd, 03 July 2004 - 01:30 AM.

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
no.
Call of Duty, <_<
http://www.labtec.co...id=620,crid2=10

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
have you tried to add it through your add hardware in controll panel windows Xp may have not put in the Dpvsetup.exe when you installed it because there was no mic there at the time you installed windows Xp
<_<

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
if you mean add/remove programs yes. if its addhardware i dont know where that is.

EDIT: i found the add new program but, i could not find a dpvsetup.exe... <_<. Do you think my mic is broken?

Edited by h3adsh0tasc, 03 July 2004 - 11:50 AM.

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
please help <_<

Ntd

Ntd

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Since it didn't come with a CD it must be a plug-and-play device and that should automatically install. To find add new hardware wizard goto control pannels and try to install through the wizard. Also have you tryed to return it to the place you purchased it for an exchange?

Edited by Ntd, 04 July 2004 - 01:26 AM.

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I dont know where the wizard is.
I returned that mic and got a new one but its ether a Direct X problem or a Sound card problem.

Advertisements

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
i think its a direct X problem. Because i just ran a search for new drivers and it said these were up to date. I think i need to reinstall direct x?

re-installed direct x... still doesnt work........

Edited by h3adsh0tasc, 04 July 2004 - 11:28 AM.

SirScott

SirScott

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am having the same problem i think i might haved deleted it by accident. I have no clue how to fix the problem it is not in my add/remove tab please help also

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Hi h3adsh0tasc.

I think i need to reinstall direct x?

You need to update to the current Direct x 9c especially for Call Of Duty.

Which program are you using for the chat? Teamspeak? Ventrilo?...

Depending on how you want this configured, depends on what you need to adjust in settings. Go to 'start'>>'settings'>>>control panel'>>>sound and audio devices and check what you use in there. Also whether the mic is recognised in devices. It will probably show as a usb audio device. Here you can access your properties.

I need to look more into the error number.

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Got it. Your answer lies here: error 0x80004005

jomi1000

jomi1000

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Got it. Your answer lies here: error 0x80004005

View Post

Thanks for the interesting and precise description. which I tried on my notbook DELL L400 with XP Prof. SP/2. I found in fact zwo pairs of nested folders.

On my desktop ther was only one of these folders. And there the mike functions. So I deleted the second pair on the notebook also. And then set all three bin values to 3 ( not 3,3,2) because on my destop computer they also are all set to three.

But on the notebook, no identically set like the functioning desktop, the mike still does not work and after hrdware testing in the control panel / audio devices procedure I still get the error.