Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error: 0x80004005, during direct play voice setup

• Please log in to reply

forest_law_ph

forest_law_ph

• Pip
  • 2 posts
okay,it's my turn to give back from all the internet people able to help some of my problems. I am one of the few or many people who have this same problem. I have an onboard Soundmax soundcard. I searched for google for the solution the first was that useless mshit solution that didn't solve it. then i found the registry edit of 3,3,2 for full duplex,half duplex and mic detected in hkey_current_user\....
For soundmax users, it is important to uncheck front panel microphone and maybe also microphone boost setting at the advanced settings of microphone in playback and record.the weird thing i did notice though was that microphone volume in record suddenly have a life of its own,lowering its volume by itself. but i still get the error ("An error occurred during direct play voice setup 0x80004005") for that [bleep] control panel\sound and audio properties\voice tab\test hardware button.
regardless, this fixed the mic issue for msn,yahoo chat etc. so we'll wait for final fix for this bug. i am using asus p4c800 mobo with soundmax 4 onboard audio with driver version 5.12.1.3630 I HOPE ASUS updates their drivers for the ASUS P4C800 especially for the soundcard cos i've only seen the 3com drivers are the only ones updated.

Advertisements

forest_law_ph

forest_law_ph

• Pip
  • 2 posts
to add to this, soundmax site said that enable AudioESP should be disabled,this option should be the only one enabled. since i used the onboard Soundmax with my 5.1 speaker i just disconnect the one on the pink jack(for the mic) and plugin the mic. and then configure the mic and then that's it.

jomi1000

jomi1000

• Pip
  • 5 posts

okay,it's my turn to give back from all the internet people able to help some of my problems. I am one of the few or many people who have this same problem. I have an onboard Soundmax soundcard. I searched for google for the solution the first was that useless mshit solution that didn't solve it. then i found the registry edit of 3,3,2 for full duplex,half duplex and mic detected in hkey_current_user\....
For soundmax users, it is important to uncheck front panel microphone and maybe also microphone boost setting at the advanced settings of microphone in playback and record.the weird thing i did notice though was that microphone volume in record suddenly have a life of its own,lowering its volume by itself. but i still get the error ("An error occurred during direct play voice setup 0x80004005") for that [bleep] control panel\sound and audio properties\voice tab\test hardware button.
regardless, this fixed the mic issue for msn,yahoo chat etc. so we'll wait for final fix for this bug. i am using asus p4c800 mobo with soundmax 4 onboard audio with driver version 5.12.1.3630  I HOPE ASUS updates their drivers for the ASUS P4C800 especially for the soundcard cos i've only seen the 3com drivers are the only ones updated.

View Post

jomi1000

jomi1000

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes this seems to help with soundmax.But what if you do not have soundmax on your computer ?
I think i have crystal sound with my DELL l400 notebook and there the problem persists.

akkido

akkido

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am having same problem with this error. Just came up one day. I have
a SoundBlaster Live card. Have tried MS's very poor solution(actually
no solution) have tried tweaking registry, reloading OS (XP) reloading
soundcard software, reloading DirectX 9, changing back to a known good mic, I am at wits end how to fix this......HELP PLEASE!

akkido

akkido

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have to much information on computer to have to wipe and reload
everything. Oh, and I play Ace's High on internet, have never had a problem until yesterday when mic quit working.

akkido

akkido

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Now have tried to remove sound card completely, reboot, then reinstall
hardware and software, reboot, still same error. about to send MS
hate mail........

jomi1000

jomi1000

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Now have tried to remove sound card completely, reboot, then reinstall
hardware and software, reboot, still same error. about to send MS
hate mail........

View Post

Hate wont help, but really press them to fix this big problem

How can we press them ??
Greetings

Abdukrahman

Abdukrahman

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Got it. Your answer lies here: error 0x80004005

View Post

I tried that but it's still not working :tazz: I also noticed that after I do the hardware test the values all go back to 0, even though I rebooted and everything.

Abdukrahman

Abdukrahman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just realized how old this thread is. Regardless, is there anyone who can help???

Advertisements

babylou

babylou

• Pip
  • 1 posts
can anyone at all help me asap i have the same problem with sound i have tried everything everyone has put down n it still is not doing anything starting to get mad with it now if any one can help me with direct play error code 0x80004005 please

jomi1000

jomi1000

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I think now, that the computer hardware plays an important role with these sound problems.
Since I want to do voip ( Skype) I tried four diefferent PCs . the best were those with Sound max ( which seems to be a HW/SW combination) but there mitght be others as well. I am not marketing these product.
But Soundmax I found in an IBM Thinkpad and on an ASUS mainboard, and with those two I hatd the least problems and the best sound.

Let me know your experincees !
Jochen Michels :tazz:

doglady123

doglady123

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've just read all of the responses because I HAD the same problem after running a mic test. Solution: System Restore to point before the test was run and the problem goes away. I tried everything suggested barring the registry changes and the program would not shutdown no matter if I used 'The Ultimate Troubleshooter' or the Task Manager...nothing seemed to shut it down but System Restore worked for me! Good Luck!

jack flack

jack flack

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I found the ACTUAL CURE HERE!!!!!

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;829151

essentially, you add this to the run dialoque box:
regsvr32 dpnet.dll

that's all!
Its a DirectPlay problem in DirectX

:whistling:
Thanks to everyone else who posted and narrowed my path!

doire

doire

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Success after nearly two years :whistling: