Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error: 0x80004005, during direct play voice setup

• Please log in to reply

Barry Bostwick

Barry Bostwick

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have this problem, too. It is very frustrating. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I have tried everything. Moving the slider on hardware accel, editing the registry. I havn't reloaded my PC but I have too much stuff on my computer to do that. I have tried the things below, too.

I've just read all of the responses because I HAD the same problem after running a mic test. Solution: System Restore to point before the test was run and the problem goes away. I tried everything suggested barring the registry changes and the program would not shutdown no matter if I used 'The Ultimate Troubleshooter' or the Task Manager...nothing seemed to shut it down but System Restore worked for me! Good Luck!

I have tried that. Nothing.

I found the ACTUAL CURE HERE!!!!!

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;829151

essentially, you add this to the run dialoque box:
regsvr32 dpnet.dll

that's all!
Its a DirectPlay problem in DirectX

:whistling:
Thanks to everyone else who posted and narrowed my path!

I don't see how the link does anything to do with this problem but I tried the regsvr32 dpnet.dll, said it loaded fine. Didn't work.

I have DirectX 9.0c. I have a SoundBlaster Live! sound card. I have tried reinstalling the driver. Nothing.

Please help! :blink:

Advertisements

Barry Bostwick

Barry Bostwick

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
You guys are going to think I'm am the studipest person when I tell you my mic was broken. False Alarm

xtrahandz4u

xtrahandz4u

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Can anyone :blink:
I have read with interest a lot of the posts on this subject. My problem is the same, but I have a different error code, 0x80004001.
It's leaving me puzzled and :whistling: