Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Java

• Please log in to reply

ken65

ken65

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hello all where can I find Java for my windows Vista I cant serf the net like I want to missing scripts and things like that using internet explore

Edited by ken65, 22 December 2008 - 07:38 AM.

Advertisements

shawbroth

shawbroth

• Pip
  • 8 posts
You can download the lastest version of Suns' Java Runtime Environment I think its on update 11 now. Or download the development kit which includes the JRE. This is mainly for programmers. After surfing you should disable either. Just to be on the safe side. There are some vulnerabilities associated with JRE and JDK.

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Hello :) and welcome to Geeks2Go!

You can download Java here:

http://java.com/en/d...ost=java.com:80

Enjoy :)

Edited by piano9playa5, 22 December 2008 - 04:34 PM.

ken65

ken65

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi thanks for helping but I get a blank page 408 error

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Try this

Please download JavaRa to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder
  • Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
  • Accept any prompts.
  • Open JavaRa.exe again and select Search For Updates.
  • Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button. Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.

ken65

ken65

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi thanks but i cant seem to get to the sun webpage i get this message all the time
The website is too busy to show the webpage