Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Generic Host process for win32 Services

• Please log in to reply

bluegang6

bluegang6

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
keeps on crashing every time i turn on my laptop within 2-10 minutes......, but because i know that if i press "send" or "don't send" my internet connection will go bye bye....
i have tried multiple things,
i cant system restore, BECAUSE i do not know when this started, and it will be quiet useless if i use system restore and lose some programs i downloaded (CLEAN)
i tried what "http://cyberst0rm.bl...win32-and.html" has issued, but i could not access the "\Services\NetBT\Parameters" part of the machine registry (because the "services" cannot be found.... i think its weird....
this has been happening for like a week or so, again, i am not really sure.
if u can please help me :)
thank you
Sincerely: Bluegang6

Advertisements

Old Geezer

Old Geezer

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
WINDOWS SERVICES 32 ERROR
CONTROL PANE>ADMINISTRATION SERVICES>SERVICES>SCROLL DOWN TO 'WINDOWS AUDIO' AND START THE SERVICE (HIGHLIGHT IT AND THEN CLICK ON START)

bluegang6

bluegang6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
?? that's the fix?

AlYanes

AlYanes

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Bleugang6.

I don't know if what Old Geezer wrote is the solution but I am having a similar problem the only different is that it do not lose internet connection.

One thing that I noticed is that after I get this error message my sound does not work and when I click on the volume icon and I get the following message:

"There are not mixer devices available. To install mixer devices go to control panel, click Printers and other Hardware and then click Add Hardware. This program will now close."

When I tried Old Geezer suggestion the volume started working just fine. I will let you know if I am still getting the error mesage.

bluegang6

bluegang6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
i cant fulfill what old geezer has suggested, because i dont have that exact path location
Oh, and Welcome to geeks2go, hope you have a good time in this AWESOME community (well most of the time it's awesome)

Edited by bluegang6, 07 January 2009 - 09:59 PM.

AlYanes

AlYanes

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the Welcoming bluegang6. I am still having problems. I will keep looking. I will let you know if I find the solution.

bluegang6

bluegang6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
ahah, no prob, know what now? my comp is stuck in this restart loop now, had it for 3-4 years, i think its life span is over, i tried putting in my recovery dis... blah blah blah blah blah, but no luck.. err