Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows restarting itself.

• Please log in to reply

ajbond68

ajbond68

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, i have just aquired my new pc. At first i noticed that when i turn the pc on, it does nothing just the HDD light on. I have to reset the pc before it can load up to BIOS.

Then, I installed Windows XP fine until i installed the motherboard drives using the CD. After that it kept on repeatedly resetting itself after the XP loadup screen. After some resets it loads up into windows telling me its recovered from a Serious error. Then starting resetting itself again.

So I tried a fresh install of XP, now it wont even read from the CD anymore just says it cant read a certain file. So i tried to install windows 2000 instead and the same problem happened.

So i tried putting a new harddrive in and it says that it cannot format as it is damaged.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Please list the system specs, motherboard, cpu, ram and psu (power supply)
Is this a new build?
List the temps as reported in bios.

Rick