Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem deleting a email in the outbox that cannot be sent

• Please log in to reply

roadrunnerray

roadrunnerray

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am running Windows XP with MS Outlook 2003 SP2. I have an email in my outbox that cannot be sent and that cannot be deleted. It is 48MB long. I have tried closing the program and restarting the computer to no avail. I am on a high speed connection. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated................roadrunnerray

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Hi, roadrunnerray. I've encountered this problem before. Disconnect from the internet - it should allow you to delete it then. As long as you're connected, it won't delete it. Let me know if that worked. :)

roadrunnerray

roadrunnerray

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi, roadrunnerray. I've encountered this problem before. Disconnect from the internet - it should allow you to delete it then. As long as you're connected, it won't delete it. Let me know if that worked. :)

hi Sari, many, many, many thanks, yes it worked great. i have had emails hangup in the outbox but was always able to delete them.......................roadrunnerray

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
With large files like that, Outlook is still trying to transmit them even if it doesn't appear that it is. I'm glad it worked. :)