Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What good games could my LAPTOP run ?

• Please log in to reply

Conway Morning

Conway Morning

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Ok so I know that Laptops famously can't run games well and that if you do manage to then the CPU will burn out quicker blah blah blah etc.
However I would just like to know if anyone could suggest any games that I could be able to run, such as RPG's FPS's MMORPG's because I am bored!

I have been a fan of games such as Dungeon Siege, Diablo, CODsource, and even...on occasion...MapleStory :)

So If anyone could save me from my bordom and suggest games I could actually run then I would be extremely greatfull!

My Laptop Spec is as follows:

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2370, Enhanced Intel SpeedStep, 1.73GHz

Memory: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM

HDD: 200GB

Graphics: (This is where I fail for ALOT of games) Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Advertisements

lolman2008

lolman2008

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Starcraft
Warcraft
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Age of Empires II
Age of Mythology
Counter Strike 1.6

=)

Conway Morning

Conway Morning

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Are you sure I could run World of Warcraft ???

Thankyou for your response :)

lolman2008

lolman2008

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
lol, Not World of Warcraft, I mentioned Warcraft as in Warcraft III =)

I'm not entirely sure if WoW would work, you could give it a try though. Maybe download the demo version and see if it is playable =)

Conway Morning

Conway Morning

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ohh right lol, thankyou, I'll give the demo a try :-) thanks !

lolman2008

lolman2008

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
No problem =)

You could also use www.canyourunit.com to check which games would work on your laptop. Although I would advise you to download the demos and check if its playable or not since www.canyourunit.com MAY BE unreliable at time =) Up to you.

Glad I could help =)

kitkin15

kitkin15

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
ok for one, runescape will work, it dont download..but maybe ud like it*i dont play it anymore though lol) and go to sites like www.miniclip.com, and www.primarygames.com, they might have good games...i have some games on my site, www.kitkin15.tk, you can save the portable games on your computer, and they will still work. i have mario, and it has blood in it lol.

also look up "Decide, the war agenst evil" this game is not all that popular, but it is a very good game, its compleatly free. the .exe is hard to find, but i MIGHT have it on my site. (if it dosnt work than please tell me on my forums, i might not have it compleatly installed) this game is really cool.

and if you want games, than you might want to upgramd your RAM.

go to walmart and you can buy a 2gig ram for $60, than all you need to do is take on of your 1 gig rams out and replace it with the 2gig, than youll have 3gig ram (only way to do it on laptops...=( )

and if it says "netbook RAM" than iw DOES work for laptops, thats what i used =)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Before you go buying memory it would be a good ideal to see what your system can actually handle and the type.
Go to HERE and run the Crucial online scanner.
This will give you the exact memory configuration for your system.
You do not have to buy the memory from there, but write down the information and if you need assistance in purchasing the upgrade memory GTG can assist with suggestions also.

kitkin15

kitkin15

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
ok go to this link istead of www.kitkin15.tk
go to: www.kitkin.ath.cx
that is my site hosted by a friend....i am having trouble with www.kitkin15.tk, none of my program or game links work right....i hope to get that fixed soon

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Neverwinter Nights
Baldurs Gate
Quake 3
Half-Life

kitkin15

kitkin15

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
they make Baldurs Gate for pc? is it free or do you have to buy it?

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
You have to buy it but you can get it for really cheap these days.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
to give you a complete list of all the games you could run on your laptop go to

http://cyri.systemre...lab.com/srtest/

Scans all your hardware and tells you what games are compatible :)
Hope it helps!

Spud