Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Diskeeper question

• Please log in to reply

cb220

cb220

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. I've never reinstalled (or installed, for that matter) Windows XP before, but my computer has been experiencing some slowdown and I imagine it has something to do with a build up of clutter over the last few years. Anyways, as this is my first time installing windows I'm doing a lot of research before going through with it. My plan would be to do a fresh install of Windows XP just as if my computer had just come out of the shop, and from there install only the few programs I need. So that was my plan, and I was satisfied with it - so I began to look for any install disks I will need and determine which programs I will need to download etc etc. That's when it hit me - I paid for my copy of "Diskeeper" a defragmenting tool, and I'm worried that when I reinstall Windows I will lose this application. So I went to the Diskeeper website and tried to see if I had an account or something from which I could input a username and password and then download Diskeeper but I couldn't find anything of the sort. So I guess what I'm asking is how should I deal with this? If I burn it to a CD-RW will that work? Does anyone know if Diskeeper requires a CD-Key of some sort? If I do need to put Diskeeper onto a seperate CD does that mean I need to mess with .ISO files or should it be a clean and easy process, with this in mind - what program should I use to copy Diskeeper over?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Diskeeper - http://www.diskeeper...rl=default.aspx is where you log in.