Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wsus and Admins

• Please log in to reply

zv5000

zv5000

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok hope I’m in the right place!

I have a WSUS server separate from my DC server. WSUS server is Win server 2003 x32 and DC is win 2003 x64

My issue is my admin wants me to let the administrators to be able to bypass WSUS and update from windows update website on user computers in the domain. At this point as far as I can tell due to the computer settings in GP on my WSUS Group it will not allow anyone to access windows update website. I need to be able to allow my computers to update even if the user has logged off. The issue I had found was if I did not include the domain computers to the WSUS GP they would not talk with the WSUS server. My tree is as follows;
For Administrators
Main- Users – Administrators – user account
For computers
Main- WSUS Group- Location- T3400- Computer account

I have two GPOs made up. One for the computers and one for Administrators that has opposite settings compared to the WSUS GPO. How do I configure and place GPOs to obtain my goal.

Thanks
William MCSA

Advertisements