Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BlueScreen Error causes Vista rebooting

• Please log in to reply

PC_Dad

PC_Dad

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a PC used specifically for children's games like Lego Batman, Star Wars, etc. No Internet connections, no printers, this is an isolated Compaq that is about 2 years old. A recent game install resulted in automatic reboots.
The display I get once the system reboots is :
Problem signature
Problem Event Name BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033

I'm attaching the referenced minidump. Any direction you can provide will be a help. Thanks.

Attached Files

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
This new game install may not be compatable with vista, or is conflicting with a driver (video card, sound card, ETc...)
You can press F8 when you first start the machine (press it several times) and boot in to safe mode.
Once in to safe mode you can uninstall the game.
If this solves your issue then you know that the game is at fault.
I am suprised that you did not get any error messeges when you installed the game, so it may be that it is not compatable with your hardware.

PC_Dad

PC_Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the response hfcg, I had removed the program in safe mode earlier. What I decided to do was remove the Lego Batman game with the idea of re-installing it. I cannot remove LB in safe mode so I used normal mode and as the uninstall was running, the PC rebooted (rats). The resulting event errors are as follows:
- - - - - - -
Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update
cab at: <http://www.download....date/v3/static/
trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: A required certificate is not within its
validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in
the signed file.

Faulting application AUTORUN.EXE_Krisalis Software Ltd Autorun,
version 1.0.0.1, time stamp 0x38e36b1c, faulting module ntdll.dll,
version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000005,
fault offset 0x00061a56,
process id 0x490, application start time 0x01c96537307d982a.

Faulting application Compaq Connections.exe, version 6.3.2.139, time stamp 0x44911862,
faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bd80, exception
code 0xe06d7363, fault
offset 0x0001b09e, process id 0x934, application start time 0x01c9650eeddb6ca2

- - - - - - - - -

I'm still in Vista pergatory.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Can you go back in to safe mode and do a system restore to a point about one month ago?

PC_Dad

PC_Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I also have tried that and I get no results. The error persists.