Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd region problem for LG dvd rom

• Please log in to reply

triz neena

triz neena

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I have 4 region changes left on my DVD ROM, I've managed to change it once before a few years back, its currently on Region 4. I tried to put in a Region 2 dvd and change it to Region 2 through properties of dvd rom in device manager but it gave me the error message saying: "Unable to update region setting. Please make sure the drive contains a region 2 media and you have administration privelege".

Now, I was sure I had administrator rights because I don't have a password set but I ran "control userpasswords2" anyway and checked that I indeed had the rights, then on top of that I also tried rebooting in safe mode and changing the region with no luck. The dvds are definately region 2, theyre new, bought in store, and say region 2 on the back. Also, I have not attempted any sort of flashing or messing with the firmware.

So whats going on???

Thanks for looking.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Does the information in Device Manager for this drive tell you you have four changes left? Normally when you change it from the default of "no region selected", it takes up one use. Your post would suggest you changed it to something else previously, then to Region 4 and now you want it back to Region 2. So you should only have one or two left.

triz neena

triz neena

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Does the information in Device Manager for this drive tell you you have four changes left? Normally when you change it from the default of "no region selected", it takes up one use. Your post would suggest you changed it to something else previously, then to Region 4 and now you want it back to Region 2. So you should only have one or two left.

Hey, it says I have 4 left. I changed it from default (Region 2) to Region 4 and am now trying and failing to change it back to Region 2. Thanks for replying.

triz neena

triz neena

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
anyone?