Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty World at War - Alpha Blend error

• Please log in to reply

Ezekiel Vex

Ezekiel Vex

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just got CoDWW about three days ago and it installed fine but whenever I try to play it, it says "It appears that Call of Duty: World at War did not quit properly last time it rand. Do you want to run the game in safe mode? This is recommended for most people. It will change your system settings but not your controls"

And no matter what I choose, a Error box comes up saying "Error during initialization: Video card or driver doesn't support separate alpha blend, glow will be disables" and another box says "----- Initializing Renderer ----
execing ragdoll.cfg from disk
----- Client Initialization -----
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
Trying SMP acceleration...
...succeeded.
----- R_Init -----
Getting Direct3D 9 interface...
Pixel shader version is 1.4
Vertex shader version is 1.1
Video card or driver doesn't support separate alpha blend, glow will be disabled.

Error during initialization:
Video card or driver doesn't support separate alpha blend, glow will be disabled."

My Adapter is a Radeon 9200 PRO Family

Im not all that good with this technical stuff so instead of trying to do it myself and mess up my computer more than what it is, I decided to turn to professionals.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
please visit this site and run the test to see if your computer is capable of running this game:
http://www.systemreq...referrer/srtest