Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEW HARD DRIVE PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply

dstarr1982

dstarr1982

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a PCV-RS420 Sony Vaio desktop that runs windows xp. I just bought a new hard drive i believe a 7200 seagate barracuda and installed it and tried to start up the computer and it keeps telling me to insert reboot media. I insert my recovery disk that has xp on it and the recovery process takes place and the computer seems to be doing fine. I update the computer and then shut it down for the night. The next morning i turn it on and that message "insert reboot media pops again. I tried to reboot in safe mode and after hitting the F8 key rapidly a blue screen pops up asking what i want to boot from. Sometimes when i do this my hard drive does not even show up and my computer freezes. This happens everytime i turn the computer on. If Im lucky i might be able to boot in safe mode, but a majority of the time I can't. When I am able to get into safe mode and i run the eventvwr and i go into system there is a whole slew of errors. The errors are DCOM Error -Event # 10005, Service Control Manager - Event # 7026, 7023, 7000. Another one is i8042prt warning event # 19, 17. More are Tcpip warning- Event # 4226, Atapi error - event # 9 and lastly sr error - event # 1. I have tried everything i can think of and looked online including this forum for answers and still cannot find out how to fix my computer. Please help me!!!

Advertisements