Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Compress GH3 PC

• Please log in to reply

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
I have Guitar Hero 3 for the PC, and I've been adding my own songs to it. Now the folder is around 8.3GB, and I was wondering if there was anyway to shrink it (i.e. remove unnecessary files) so that it is still playable, but takes up much less space.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
What I do is copy all the song files for GH3 original songs (along with the paks and save game) and place them on a USB flash drive. Then the custom songs are the only ones in the folder. When I want to play original GH3 again, I simply copy the files from the flash drive back to the song folder on my PC (backing up the custom paks and save game first, of course).

fortune82

fortune82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
That'll cut it in half......lemme try that!!

Oh, and it seems that SOMEONE tried to archive it into a .rar file, and then moved it into the folder itself. So it looked like 8.3GB, but was 4.8GB. Smart.

Edited by fortune82, 24 December 2008 - 07:56 PM.

fortune82

fortune82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Did what you said, now the installation is incredibly compact, compared to what it started as.

Another way to shrink it; go to the MOVIES folder, and remove the 4 interview movies. They are over 100MB each, and can be removed without impact to the game (unless you want to watch them, of course!)

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
:) (Guitar Hero... Rock on... Get it? :))