Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Graphic driver overheated?

• Please log in to reply

Leokage

Leokage

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
My pc worked fine for 4 days, until i encountered a problem just a few mins ago when I was surfing a site and all of the sudden my screen went all blurry. I manually restarted my pc only to find blue lines going across my screen.

Advertisements

dji

dji

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Which monitor you are using_ CRT (cathode tube) or LCD? Is there any chance to test your computer on another monitor? or test monitor on another computer?

Leokage

Leokage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Its a 19" Widescreen TFT Monitor, I don't have any options to test it on.

dji

dji

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
try to power it on and disconnect video cable, just monitor without any signal .... and tell what you see on display .... also do you maybe have TV in that room with cable to connect it on computer?

Leokage

Leokage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

try to power it on and disconnect video cable, just monitor without any signal .... and tell what you see on display .... also do you maybe have TV in that room with cable to connect it on computer?

I have no TV in my room.
Should i leave my pc system turn off and leave my monitor screen on..then disconnect my vid cable from the monitor is that what you mean?

Edited by Leokage, 25 December 2008 - 11:10 AM.

dji

dji

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
yes, if monitior is ok it will show on screen some text like "No signal" or something similar