Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Resolu] No Internet Access anymore+Vista

• Please log in to reply

Panayotis

Panayotis

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi,

It is just UNBELIEVABLE!

My brother has 3 pc behind a speedtouch 580! vista1, XP, Vista 2 in ethernet and wifi. Everything was fine until Tuesday morning!

Vista 1 has not internet access anymore
XP and VIsta 2 are fine! Everything is ok!

Vista 1 has no internet access but local network is fully functional
And worse, Vista 1 is accessible by VNC! So for me, it is not an ip address problem (all local network is static ip assigned)

I have disabled firewall, windefender, antivirus=>nothing happened
I successfully restored pc to a prior date=>nothing happened

Most important thing to remain: this pb occurs both with firefox thant ie7, skype and msn wont be conneceted, and i can not access to my speedtouch html page!

for information, under cmd, i can ping my modem ping 10.0.0.138 and xp and vista 2 but i can not ping website!
vista 2 and xp can not ping vista1

any idea?!

merry christmas for u all

thank you very much

Attached Thumbnails

• local_network_status2.jpg

Edited by Panayotis, 25 December 2008 - 12:25 PM.

Advertisements

Panayotis

Panayotis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Thanks BRONI.

netsh winsock reset catalog works well!!!!!

Many thanks

Edited by Panayotis, 25 December 2008 - 12:25 PM.

Wayne_crowther

Wayne_crowther

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

Daughter had same problem trying to connect her new Vista Home running through a Speedtouch 580 hub with WEP encryption.Had the same problem connecting (local access only) and tried most of things suggested on forums. Finally resolved the problem by addressing the URL of the router and requesting a reset of the router from the speedtouch data. Can find the url by double left click on the router icon in the networking panel. Once this had been done then hey presto - no problem instant connection. May not work for all but worth a try. But do remember to have your ISP name and password for the reset.

Wayne