Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Black screen, "Missing OS" Help?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was hooking my ipod touch into my computer for the first time, it was acting a little strangely in the amount of songs it would hold (200 songs on an 20gb memory?) but that was the least of my problems i guess. I wake up today and turn on my computer to have it black screen on me, with a nice message of "missing OS", i did some google searching and can't really come up with anything related to my computer.

Im currently a computer idiot/know nothing about them. I know theres a command that brings up the system spec's but im not sure what it is lol.
What i do know now: Emachines T6410, Windows XP

Any help in this situation will help ALOT :)

(doubt ima get any replies today, being christmas lol, but oh well)

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Vashn...

Is your iPod still connected to the machine? I've seen systems try to boot to iPods and throw that error when it can't find an operating system there. If it is connected, disconnect it and try to boot the machine.